Pages

Here's the Story

Monday, March 14, 2016


This is our house. Our dream house. It took us a long time to get here and we have only been here for two years.  Built in 1910, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, In Law quarters, Pool, 2 fireplaces, hardwood floors, sitting on 1.35 beautiful acres just 5 miles from the heart of Mount Dora.

It's hard to type this next sentence. We are leaving it. Britt and I have decided to take a giant leap of faith and let go. Let go of all the things we thought we needed to be happy, because in the end it isn't things that make you happy...you have to make you happy.

We aren't sure exactly how this is all going to work...that's why we decided to share this journey with you. I just keep telling myself that I really don't need four sets of dishes. There will be so many things that have to go...can we do it? Will we do it?

This is why we have to part with so many things...the new house...well, project...


This is North Baker and this is where we will be starting our simpler life. A duplex in the heart of downtown Mount Dora. My 87 year old Mom will be living on one side which is a one bedroom/ one bath and we will be living in the other side, a two bedroom/ two bath with our three dogs...can you even imagine? What are we thinking?

Jackson Butter Bean Browne, Callie Klien, Shug Cam Newton


I am going to try very hard to be as transparent and honest as possible and take you with us on our journey. Prepare for the good, the bad and the ugly. I can't believe we are doing this....

6 comments:

  1. That is amazing and so freeing! To get rid of the unnecessary! Sometimes the things we really thought we wanted only show us what we truly don't need. Excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ally. We are excited and apprehensive all at the same time. I appreciate your kind words and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Feeling so happy for ya'll. I immediately felt that everything you said and where you are headed is just so right. OF course, I am jealous, and look forward to the adventure. xxoo Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, I know you understand! No need to be jealous and thank you for the interest and enthusiasm about following our journey. As soon as we are finished and settled I will have you over...I need some help decorating and you are the best I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS